Weekly Teaching Conferences: Thursday 7 AM-11 AM
- Grand Rounds (7-8 AM)
Grand Rounds are held weekly from 7-8 AM. Grand round lectures are given by speakers from Otolaryngology and related specialties and include lecturers from both the University of Pennsylvania and from medical institutions around the world.
- Faculty Lecture Series (8-10 AM)
Faculty lecturers from each subspecialty give the didactic lectures to the residents on Thursday from 8-10 AM. These lectures are focused discussions within the subspecialties and are meant to enhance clinical training and resident led didactics.
- Resident Review Sessions/OTOSource (10-11AM)
OTOSource is a self-study curriculum arranged by the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery as a board exam review tool. These didactic sessions are resident led discussions on important topics within otolaryngology.
Additional Educational Activities:
- Monthly M&M Conference
A monthly morbidity and mortality conference to encourage quality improvement within the department.
- Chairman’s Rounds
Weekly discussion based didactic session on Head and Neck Surgery topics for the residents led by the Department Chair.
- Tumor Board Conference
Multidisciplinary patient conference includes specialists from Otolaryngology, Radiology, Pathology, Medical Oncology, and Radiation Oncology.
- Monthly Journal Club
Faculty or fellow led discussion of current otolaryngology journal articles.
- Head and Neck Surgery Dissection labs
Cadaver dissection courses for the residents led by Head and Neck Surgery faculty.
- Temporal Bone Course
Cadaver temporal bone dissections led by Otology faculty.
Department Sponsored Educational Conferences
- Annual Visiting Professor Temporal Bone Course
- Annual International TransOral Robotic Surgery Course
- Annual International Rhinology and Skullbase Course
- Annual CHOP Airway Course
- Biannual Injectables/Facial Plastics Course
- Annual Thyroid/Parathyroid Ultrasound Course
Department Supported Educational Conferences
- Annual National ENT Boot Camp in Washington DC (PGY2s attend)
- Annual Penn Medicine Simulation Center ORL PGY3 Simfest
- AO Facial Trauma Course
- Annual Allergy and Immunology Course
- Monthly Philadelphia Laryngology Society Meetings