The Penn ENT Student Interest Group aims to foster interest in the medical specialty of otolaryngology and serve as peer mentors for students exploring the field. We work closely with the Department to host networking opportunities and events catered towards students at different stages of medical school.
A variety of events are held throughout the year, examples include:
- Fall: A Day in the Life of an ENT lunch talk introducing the field to MS1s
- Interview Prep with Dr. Adappa for students applying to residency
- Winter: PennCORE meeting featuring active research opportunities at PSOM and CHOP (including summer and year-out positions)
- Spring: Excelling on Sub-Is and Away discussion led by graduating students applying into ENT
- Summer: ENT SIM session led by attendings and residents for students in clinical rotations or electives
Announcement of events will be emailed out to all PSOM students when they are scheduled. Please contact the ENT interest group board with any questions or feedback.
- Core 3 planning & opportunities (PennKey login required)
- Residency application advice (PennKey login required)
Useful Resources for Sub-I & Away Rotation
- ENT Secrets – The ENT bible for medical students. Also available on clinical key via Penn Libraries website.
- University of Cape Town Atlas of Otolaryngology – Summaries of procedures with anatomy and operative steps. Useful for review of scheduled cases.
- Head and Neck Radiology
- Oto Recall – Spaced recall flashcard app produced by Headmirror
Board Members (2022-2023)
Co-presidents: Austin Cao, Sara Hobday
Vice-presidents: Emma De Ravin, Doreen Lam
Research chairs: Ellie Sell, Jacob Harris, Ahab Alnemri, Rohin Magnati
Education chairs: Mandy Salmon, Sanjena Venkatesh, Ashna Aggarwal
Mentorship chairs: Katherine Xu, Janelle Safadi, Yohan Kim
Faculty advisor: Tiffany Chao, MD MSEd