There are numerous housing options for interns and residents at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
- University City – The University City area offers many apartments and houses for rent at very reasonable prices.
- Center City, Art Museum – Some residents choose to live in the Center City or Art Museum areas. These areas provide more cultural diversions and all of the advantages of city living, but less of the collegiate atmosphere than is found in the University City area.
- Suburbs – Many residents, particularly those with families, prefer to live in the suburbs and excellent residential areas are easily available from the medical center.
- PA Suburbs – Manayunk and Roxborough, near the Schuykill River, the Drexel Hill area and Havertown have been popular.
- NJ Suburbs – The New Jersey suburbs are also convenient and inexpensive and have outstanding public school systems.
*All these areas are within a one-half hour drive of HUP.